UAE residents love travel, don’t we?
As most of us are expats in UAE, we eagerly wait for our annual vacation to visit our home countries and if we get 3 or more days off work, we pack our bags for a short vacation.
While we plan most of the details of our travel, we tend to ignore the travel insurance, mostly due to the lack of awareness on the benefits of the travel insurance.
This post endeavors to provide useful information on the benefits of Travel Insurance.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is a specific type of Insurance, availed to protect against financial loss due to travel related unexpected events and emergencies.
It is widely used by international travelers to protect themselves from financial loss due to various travel related unexpected events and helps to pay hospital bills in case of medical emergency.
What does it cover?
Travel Insurance companies in UAE, like AXA Travel insurance, Zurich Travel Insurance and AIG travel Insurance, provide a cover for the following;
Most travel insurance usually cover the cost of medical treatment and associated expenses of the insured, arising from an accident or sickness incurred while travelling. Some plans also cover emergency dental care.
Personal Accident Cover
An agreed lump sum is paid for death of the insured due to an accident, permanent total disability, loss of limb or sight, while travelling.
Emergency Assistance & Evacuation
- Medical transportation
- Premature return due to death of close relative
- Visit of close relative
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Cost of first aid and rescue
Travel Insurance also indemnifies the insured against legal liability towards third parties or damage to their property due to negligence.
- Personal Baggage & Personal Money : Accidental loss of, theft of or damage to Baggage and Personal Money occurring while traveling
- Cancellation or Curtailment : Due to necessary and unavoidable circumstances, if you have to cancel or curtail your travel, the insurance company reimburses you the cost of the ticket value and additional expenses arising out of cancellation or curtailment of your trip
- Loss of Passport: In case you lose your passport, while abroad, you can claim a fixed sum to cover the cost of replacing your passport.
- Delayed Departure: When your flight is delayed due to bad weather or other reasons beyond your control, you can claim a fixed sum of money for every hour of delay of your flight.
- Baggage Delay: An agreed sum is paid to you, if your baggage is late for more than 12 hours, from the time of arrival.
If your laptop, tablet or phone is stolen or damaged while travelling, some insurance companies also pay for it.
Travel cover for ages 70 and above
If you are 70 and above or if you want your parents or in-laws who are more than to visit you, you can certainly get travel insurance, so that you don’t have to worry about the medical emergency costs.
What is the Cost Involved?
The cost of travel Insurance is very negligible, for example travel insurance for a family for a period of one month is approximately AED 250/-
How can I get Travel Insurance?
Call me on +97155-7701792 or mail me on email@example.com and I will be able to arrange a quote quickly and the travel insurance plan can be tailor-made to suit your needs, and issued on the same day itself.
My goal is to provide residents of UAE; the necessary tools to help them make a wise decisions with their money.
Latest posts by Damodhar Mata (see all)
- Oman Insurance – Smart Invest : Short Term Investment Plan - August 4, 2016
- Investment Funds in UAE - July 28, 2016
- Generali Vision Review – Unbiased and Comprehensive - July 24, 2016